Looking out to have foreign experience? Explore Amazing Hong Kong !!!
Hong Kong, SAR is one of the nearest country to visit from India within short span of time and best to explore within Asia. One would require hardly 4-5 days to cover highlighted places of here. A person with multiple interests like having zeal in adventure, big time party animals, pub crawlers, shopaholic creatures, food lovers, or person who wants peace from normal routine can admire HK.
I will be showing some of the key places to visit in HK:
1. Eagle eye view from The Victoria Peak ( Central, Hong Kong)
Victoria Peak is a hill on the western half of Hong Kong Island. It is also known as Mount Austin, and locally as The Peak. Best place to have a glance of whole Hong Kong harbour in one go. At particular time (8pm, 9pm) in night you can enjoy the light and sound show as well with the participation of around 118 corporate buildings. You can take Tram experience to reach out to this place or can take city bus from central.
2. Mesmerizing view of Victoria Harbour ( Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong)
Victoria Harbour is the most popular area of Hong Kong. People enjoy seeing the skyline, riding the Star Ferry, and visiting attractions around it including the museums, malls, and high buildings
- Among the world’s most beautiful and tallest skylines with a backdrop of Victoria Peak. The IFC & ICC are the tallest buildings.
- The Symphony of Lights shines most evenings and provides a beautiful and memorable view. Victoria Peak is the backdrop.
- The Star Ferry across the harbor is fun and is like a poignant mini-tour of Hong Kong. For kids, the ride is a thrill.
- The ICC, IFC, and the Bay Harbour Mall are world class for luxury and middle-priced shopping.
3. Serenity of Tian Tian Buddha ( Ngong Ping Rd, Lantau Island, Hong Kong)
One of the most popular Hong Kong attractions is the Big Buddha on Lantau Island which is surrounded by the Po Lin Monastery, the slightly-touristy Ngong Ping Village and miles of hiking. The Big Buddha (its official name is Tian Tan Buddha) is a 34-meter bronze statue that was was built in 1993 and faces north to overlook mainland China as sort of a guardian.
It’s one of the most peaceful place where you can spend hours just feeling the nature. The best way to reach there is by Ngong Ping 360 cable car terminal which you can board from Tung Chung MTR station. I suggest to go through crystal cable car to have thrill experience by watching the natural beauty below your feets. Another option is by bus which also gives you an opportunity to see beautiful HK valleys.
4. Freedom Icon Golden Bauhinia Square ( Wan Chai Waterfront)
The 66-foot statue was given by the Chinese Government to commemorate Hong Kong’s independence from Great Britain on July 1, 1997. The gilded bauhinia flower is an important symbol for Hong Kong people. It is situated near wan chai waterfront, where again you will find stunning view of harbour.
5. Enjoy thrilling rides at Ocean Park ( Admiralty, Hong Kong)
Ah!!! Best place for adrenaline junkies. Ocean park is 7th most famous amusement spot in the world offering wide range of entertainment like aquarium, exotic animals’ exhibitions and theme park. It requires a day or two to cover every part that theme park has to show you.
- Explore marine life in huge aquariums.
- Board on gilded train displaying exquisite technology to travel between marine life and adventure land.
- Amazing dolphin show featuring the awareness of marine life.
- Breathtaking roller coaster rides on the edge of mountain (Not for the light heart people).
** Do not skip this place when you are in Hong Kong.
6. Amazing land for kids- DisneyLand ( Sunny Bay, Hong Kong)
Welcome to childhood days !!!
The whimsical wonderland has seven distinctly themed zones – Adventureland, Grizzly Gulch, Mystic Point, Toy Story Land, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland and Main Street, U.S.A – all of which are perfect to relive those childhood dreams with your favourite Disney characters.
Some of the most popular rides include the newly opened “Iron Man Experience”, and Asia’s first “Star Wars™: Tomorrowland Takeover”. Also, don’t miss the Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars– many love this ride for the backwards segment of the route.
Catch the spectacular shows such as “Mickey and the Wondrous Book” Stage Performance of New and Classic Disney Stories. We recommend the Flights of Fantasy Parade and Festival of the Lion King.
7. Throw your party at Lan Kwai Fong ( Central, Hong Kong)
If you stand on tagline “I just want to dance, chill and have my beer”, Lan Kwai Fong (mainly called as LKF), is the best place for all ages of party animals. Enjoy exquisite cuisines, all type of liquors, pubs and bars, show your moves on dance floors. It is the most happening place of HK where you get to witness famous street shows.
It is a hub for events like Halloween, beer festivals, live concerts etc. Surely, people will get rid of every pressure here. It is a place to let loose and enjoy the booze. If you are in LKF, it is must to visit SOHO by climbing amazing stairs and watching modern wall arts.
8. Pick your things at Temple Street Night Market ( Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon)
Temple Street Night Market is the largest and liveliest in Hong Kong. This carnival of shopping and snacking starts every night from around 18:00 but really gets going once the sun sets. The most popular place to go for cheap clothes, delicious open-air street stall food, watches, pirated CDs and DVDs, fake label clothing, sports and everyday footwear, cooking ware and household items.
Any marked prices should be taken as suggestions alone as this is definitely the place to bargain. Temple Street Night Market runs for over a kilometre and can get very crowded. It’s definitely a place who loves to shop.
9. Wet your feets on Beach
HK is mostly covered by South china Sea and if you are beach lover then HK has lot to offer for you. Visit Stanley, Cheung sha, Big Wave(High Tides), Sai kung, Repulse Bay etc to chill out and spend your day in peace and with water activities.
Best times of the year to visit Hong Kong is March – April and October – November. Have a great trip to Hong Kong… Cheers !!!