Looking for a perfect weekend getaway from Delhi..
SHIMLA .. a place which has a offer for everyone .A shopaholic , a trekking guy , a Wanderer ,someone looking for peace and relaxation time and off course if your in lookout for a colder environment and a place surrounded by hills.
Shimla is a package in all.The MALL road in Shimla and British architectural sights is what makes Shimla a place to be for people of all ages and tastes.
Going ahead we will showing you about the ten best places to be in Shimla.
- The best and alas fairly underrated place of Shimla.
Vice royal lodge OR our British Indian Presidents home when SHIMLA use to be Summer capital of INDIA. As of now the place is also known as IIAS (Indian institute of advanced studies)
The lodge also houses a museum of the early nineteenth century times.The lodge is a architectural wonder, Mr. Rathore the official guide for the lodge will be sharing all the valuable information once you enter the place.
Worth a mention the flower gardens near the place:
Rarest of the flowers will give your inner photographer the best of all times.
The enchanting birds and place with adorable view housing hundreds of flower is just the right place to be.
Do keep a check for some seasonal flowers , coz they are best when they bloom
Also have a coffee in the old cafeteria here near the lodge .
2. Bird park near the Vice royal lodge
3. A walk at the Mall road , Off course ‘The Ridge’ and the church area. The Ashiana restaurant , Eating your supper at Ashiana in the open area gives you feeling of sitting on the roof of India and under the lamp light moon and starts and the pampering clouds is the cherry on the cake.
- Christ Church at Ridge – A place to be
A view from Ridge of Shimla.
Mall road hike to the ridge
4. Annadale – A awesome place to be with lush green views in the foot side of Shimla.
Army museum is the place to be when you go to Annadale. Don’t forget to take a Maggie and tea at the roof of shop in the Army area in Annadale with Golfers playing Golf in a golf course surrounded by hills and clouds.
Do chill around golf course
Enjoy the view
Anna’s cafe , a best place to have Maggie and the view of golf course.
Annas cafe beside the Army Museum , do sit on the roof and enjoy the view.
In the below picture we can see what a roof top view can give from Anna’s cafe
5. Glen – A light trek downhill to the dry waterfall with beautiful trek rails and small waterfalls in the way.
6. The locomotive engines of the old British Shimla , don’t miss the queen ride of Shimla railways.
beautiful Shimla railway station
7. Lakkar Bazaar , for all the shopping worms .
8. A floating road walk in hills.
9. Army museum Annadale
10 . Cactus house with hundreds of cactus types , And my favourite oneI have shared below
9. How to reach from Delhi,
Travel from Shimla to Kalka
A International heritage railway lines existing from decades with hundreds of tunnels and bridges right between the beautiful hills
Take some time out on the best ever railway stations in India
a- If planning a road trip , don’t miss the awesome dhabas at Murthal.Also give a brief visit to the city of Chandigarh which again has awesome places on offer.
b- Its a very good plan to travel by train from Delhi. Take a Shatabadi from Delhi to Kalka and then from Kalka we have options by railways or by road.I would suggest use the railways atleast once because of the route and awesome views from the train.
Sample initiatory from Delhi
- Board train from Delhi